Monday, February 1, 2010

Pistons' Charlie Villanueva: 'I can't even straighten out my back right now'

AUBURN HILLS -- Forward Charlie Villanueva could not stand up straight Sunday night while discussing the back spasms that kept him out of the Detroit Pistons' 91-86 loss to the Orlando Magic.

"When I tried to go out there in the layup line, it just didn't feel right," Villanueva said after the game. "It doesn't feel right now. It doesn't feel good at all.

"I can't even straighten out my back right now."

Pistons coach John Kuester had to make some adjustments to the rotation at the last moment.

"Right before the anthem," Kuester said when asked when he learned Villanueva was unable to play.

Villanueva said his back had bothered him for a couple of days, but that it got worse Sunday morning. He worked to stretch his back out in hopes he could play.

"That was my goal," Villanueva said. "I came in about an hour earlier than expected and did some treatment, and it just didn't feel good at all."

Pistons guard Will Bynum (left ankle) sat out the game as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment