Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Nuggets' Smith says recent actions "not really a big deal"

Nuggets guard J.R. Smith finally gave an interview Tuesday after practice to address Saturday's pouting on the bench, which caused the Denver front office to discuss a possible suspension.

"I've got to work on some things with myself," Smith said after practice. "Just my attitude toward the game. I've got to control my body language. And stay focused."

Smith and Karl had a talk, and the reserve guard described it as a good meeting. Karl told Smith that the great players make the simple play 100 percent of the time.

"We got a lot of things off our chests," Smith said. "I'm just glad we're on the same page."

Asked if the experience is something he'll learn from, or is it really not a big deal, Smith said: "It's not a big deal. We've been through this stuff before but we always came back and got the best out of it for both of us, so it's not really a big deal."

And asked what he would say to his fans, Smith said: "They know my heart. They know how hard I play when I get out there. They know I'm a great person, no matter what people say."

No comments:

Post a Comment