Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Harris won't play in Nets' next game

Devin Harris didn’t practice with the Nets today, except for taking some free-throws left-handed, Bo Kimble-style, due to an injured wrist.

Though the Nets point guard wasn’t ready to rule himself out of tomorrow's game with the Clippers, coach Kiki Vandeweghe said Harris wouldn’t play.

"I don't expect Devin. He did not practice today,'' Vandeweghe said.

Harris was squeezing on what he claimed was some therapeutic putty. (I have a 4-year-old, and I say it was just Silly Putty, but whatever).

"We’ll see how I feel tomorrow. Just call it a sprain," Harris said. "Obviously, it’s on me, at this point. And when it starts (healing) I can play, definitely suit it up.

"It feels pretty good today, been squeezing this putty for the last two days. I haven’t done any flexion stuff, so we’ll tape it up, see how it feels tomorrow. If not tomorrow, it could be possibly on Friday.''

Courtny Lee (wisdom tooth) and Jarvis Hayes (stomach virus) are questionable.

No comments:

Post a Comment