Friday, January 1, 2010

Bulls' Del Negro won't campaign for job

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. --- Asked yet another round of questions about his job status in the wake of reports from the Tribune and Yahoo! Sports that management's lack of support upset him, Vinny Del Negro refused to self-promote.

"That's not my decision," the Bulls coach said when asked if felt he deserved to finish his three-year contract. "It's easy for me to make that decision, but it's not mine. I have a lot of confidence not only in myself, but I think my staff has done a tremendous job.

"They're very experienced and have been around. I'm going to keep on making sure we're prepared. Get these young guys continually developing and try to move in the right direction."

Del Negro calmly declined to answer a question about whether management's lack of support bothered him, as the Tribune and Yahoo! Sports reported.

"It's been beat up so much," Del Negro said. "I want to just focus in on the game, concentrate on what my job is with this team. I think all that stuff will play itself out. We have to try to move forward a bit."